Dollar Books


If you've been reading my posts for a while now, you probably have noticed my odd penchant of not buying books. 

You see, I don't particularly like owning books. *gasps come from the crowd*

I know, I know, how weird right?? And don't get me wrong, there are some special books that I adore and am very glad that I own. But on the whole, I get 99.99% of my books from my trusty local library. Anything that my library doesn't have on hand I can either put on hold, or request through inner-library loan (fun fact, I found out about the inner-library loan system from a fiction book called Among Others where the main character uses it to get books her library doesn't have). 25 cents for it to be shipped to my library is a lot cheaper than buying the book myself.

Every now and then, though, I will buy books from thrift stores and/or the Dollar Tree. Last winter my family and I went on a cruise and before we did, we went to my hometown library, which paradoxically sells paperback books for 25 cents, and stocked up on reading material before the vacation. Most of the books I bought there I have since read and donated. I thought I would show you the cheap books which are currently gathering dust on my shelf (it's bad; they have enough metaphorical dust to make metaphorical dust castles. I need to read them soon!). 


I got The Tiger's Wife at my church's massive garage sell last year-- it was listed for 25 or 50 cents, I forget, and my friend bought it for me since I had no change with me.


I picked these two books up at Goodwill during college. I rarely read stories with Muslims in them, and I was trying to diversify my books ((does it work even if I don't read them? probs not))


Other books in the group:


Whew! Most of these books have sat on my shelf far too long-- I need to read them so that I can give them to friends/library.

Have you heard of any of these books? Which one should I read first?

No comments