Dear Sunday

Dear Sunday is my weekly post participating in the Caffeinated Book Reviewer series. 

This past week was busy in a good way. I played badminton, ate turtle soup, got really frustrated that you need finesse and not brute strength to win badminton (I have one not the other, guess which), had ARCs granted that I don't remember even applying for, sort of like a genie with amnesia, nearly physically ran into the chair of my department, taught my recitations using a really cool demo that actually worked (this never happens in physics), met some other really cool science grad students (this also never happens in physics), and ran more experiments at work (none of which that have worked because physics)
A post shared by Anna Pittman (@anna2358) on

I've also been thinking of different ways to market my blog. I know sometimes I'll find an amazing blog, but if it's not on Bloglovin' I know I won't keep up with it. I adore Bloglovin' but I know that not everyone uses that to follow blogs. What your favorite way to follow blogs? 




  • Top Ten Tuesday:
  • Review: Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave

That about sums it up! This week should be slower for me, which is good because I have some ARCs that I want to finish (nothing like the pressure of giving feedback to motivate you to read, ammiright?). How was your week?

10 comments

  1. That looks like an awesome place to walk. It can be quite daunting keeping up with all the great blogs out there. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty trail and it's right by my apartment! I know right?? It's easy to compare myself to other blogs out there.
      Thanks, you too! :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely walking trail! I'm not good at badminton. I think I lack finesse, brute strength AND hand eye coordination. All in all it's not a good combination. I mostly use Bloglovin but sometimes I use Feedly. It's easier to add blogs too though I'm not as good as keeping up with it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah badminton requires a unique assortment of skills that I don't have.
      Oh right, I have heard of Feedly before, I should check it out.
      Thanks, you too! :)

      Delete
  3. LOL, I get unsolicited ARCs in the mail all the time, or were these eBook approvals? In which case, I don't know what to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was an ebook approval? So apparently I requested it and then promptly erased the memory from my brain?

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that you had a good week, enjoy your books and have a wonderful week. I follow blogs by bookmarking all their urls. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are where I meet lots of new to me bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to bookmark urls until I started using Bloglovin'. I've never been a fan of Twitter but I'm starting to try and use Instagram to promote my blog.

      Delete
  5. My grandparents had a badminton set up and I used to play it a bit as a kid. Not well lol. I thought it was kinda neat though. As for following blogs, I do use Bloglovin a lot. Frankly the daily email I get from Bloglovin accounts for a lot of my daily visits, although I do have to remember the blogs that don't use it so I can get to them too.

    Can't wait to see what you thought of Eight Hundred grapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha does anyone play badminton well? At least for my friends and I we were all just scrambling.
      I haven't heard of the daily email feature from Bloglovin-- that's interesting!

      Delete