Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week for Top Ten Tuesday, I have four books that I'm looking forward to reading this fall. Of course I could have listed like a hundred books here (have you seen my rapidly growing TBR list??) but I wanted to create a more realistic goal for myself. With my plunge into the ARC world, I haven't been reading as many published books as before.

Without further ado, here are four books that I hope to get to this fall.


Reawakened by Colleen Houck

This YA novel caught my eye with its promises of blending Egyptian mythology with a fast paced plot.















My Life in France by Julia Child

How have I not read this yet?? I loved the movie Julia and Julie (the book? not so much) and I'm excited to learn more about Julia Child's life.












Abundant Beauty by Marianne North

I actually heard about this author while reading a different book (A Curious Beginning, review to come!). She was mentioned in the same breath as Isabella Bird, a female author who traveled solo through the American West in the late 1800s. I had just finished Bird's book, thoroughly loving it, and was looking for other amazing female trailblazers both metaphorically and literally. I'm looking forward to checking out this novel about Marianne North, who traveled the world studying botany in the late 1800s.





A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas

This book, inspired quite heavily by the Sherlock Holmes series, features a female Sherlock Holmes and really could go one of two ways. It could be super interesting and well done, or an awkward imitation of a great novel. Either way, I'm excited to give it a go.










And that's it! What about you? What are you fall must-reads??

13 comments

  1. Awesome picks! There are so many fall releases I am excited about and so many series I want to continue/start!

    Happy Reading!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs
    My Fall TBR picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved A Study in Scarlet Women. It's a little slow at the beginning because there's some setup but once the story gets going I was hooked and I really enjoyed the 2nd one. If you listen to podcasts Sherry Thomas gave 2 interviews on Smart Podcasts Trashy books and she's amazing. I think the first one was last October and the 2nd was just a few weeks ago. I have mixed feelings on My Life in France and I know I'm the weird one for that! I don't think Julia and I would have been friends. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! I'll try to be patient in the beginning ;) Oo I love podcasts and am always looking for new ones to listen to! I'll be sure to check out Smart Podcasts Trashy books, haha, that name is already amazing.
      That's interesting you think that-- one of my favorite podcasts, History Chicks, did a couple episodes on Julia Child and one of the hosts ended up not liking her. I wonder what I'll think!

      Delete
  3. Reawakened does look good with the Egyptian mythology angle. A Study in Scarlet Women initially caught my eye with that popping cover, but it sounds good too (and I've seen some positive reviews). Hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have quite possibly overly high expectations for Reawakened. I agree, the cover for A Study is gorgeous and I've heard good things so I'm optimistic :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Reawakened looks intriguing...I love anything that has to do with ancient Egypt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's been way too long since I've done any reading, fiction or nonfiction, about ancient Egypt. I need to fix that!

      Delete
  5. I actually haven't heard of these yet! I hope you can read them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen a study of scarlet women on a few lists now.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2017/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-7-books-on-my-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem to be making the rounds on the blogging sphere!

      Delete
  7. Ohhh Reawakened sounds awesome!! I love Egyptian history and mythology. Thanks for sharing that! I'm excited to see what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it sounds like it could be so cool! Thanks! :)

      Delete